CANCELLED - Rescheduled for 2020
2019 Project Pink'd Sexual Wellness After Breast Cancer Conference
Project Pink'd invites breast cancer survivors to join us for our 2019 Project Pink'd Sexual Wellness After Breast Cancer Conference.
In the breast cancer community, the rebuilding of one’s life after treatment is referred to as the “Second Battle,” a battle that is much different than the first because survivors are dealing with long-lasting side effects from the treatments they receive, such as chronic pelvic pain, anxiety and depression, bone pain, lymphedema, and chest wall restriction. Side effects impact their quality of life in many ways, including sexual wellness.
The goal of the 2019 Project Pink’d Sexual Wellness Conference is to to help attendees address the growing challenges of sexual wellness. In partnership with Brier Jirka, LIMHP, CPC, CST, a licensed mental health practictioner and sex therapist, Project Pink’d will bring healthcare professionals together to provide a comprehensive agenda with an emphasis on empowerment, self-knowledge, and self-care in regards to sexual wellness among breast cancer survivors.
Focus will be on the following topics:
- Body Image After Breast Cancer
- Physical Therapy
- Sexual Tools & Techniques
- NEW After Hours | Understanding the New Us
- 4:30pm - 6:30pm: During a relaxed conversation, our experts will provide you and your partner strategies on how to rediscover your intimacy and reconnect emotionally, physically and sexually after breast cancer.
- The conference will be designed in a “round-robin” forum so that each participant is able to attend a session on every topic in a smaller group setting.
- A continental breakfast and lunch will be served.
- Resource kits featuring vendor products and printed information will be made available to all attendees. Project Pink’d aims to give gift cards to all attendees to be used exclusively on the day of the conference among presenting vendors and exhibitors, allowing attendees to augment their resource kits with items sold by vendors.
This complimentary program is made possible by our generous donors and sponsors.
|Date:||Sunday, September 22, 2019|
|Time:||8:30am - 4:30pm (After Hours: 4:30 - 6:30pm)|
|Location:||Embassy Suites | 12520 Westport Pkwy | La Vista, NE 68128|
|Contact:||Cynthia Sturgeon | Project Pink'd Programs | 402.905.0691 | email@example.com|