Those diagnosed with breast cancer often face challenges related to finances, anxiety, depression and sexual wellness, self-esteem and strained relationships with family. In fact, 9 out of 10 survivors struggle with social, physical or emotional distress as they transition from treatment to survivorship care.* This is WHY Project Pink'd focuses on quality of life AFTER a breast cancer diagnosis. Our programs focus on improving the quality of life for survivors, providing support for survivors' emotional, physical and financial well-being.
Project Pink'd is thankful for the generous support of our many community partners and donors who help to make these complimentary programs available to breast cancer survivors in NE and Western IA.
* Breast Cancer M.A.P. Index
- Gas or Bus cards for transportation to/from treatment
- Child care costs while receiving treatment
- Utility Bills
- Prescription and Over the Counter medications
- Wigs, Scarves, & Caps
- Lymphedema products
- Radiation/Skin Care products
- Post-Mastectomy Bras, Camisoles, and Breast Forms
- Counseling Sessions
- Fitness Programs
- Holistic Programs
- Survivor Retreats/Spa Day Experience